Many participants have an NDIS goal relating to employment. Having a job can increase self-confidence, provide a sense of accomplishment, build financial independence, strengthen social skills and connection and enable you to engage in meaningful activity. NDIS funded employment supports, formerly known as specialised support employment, can assist participants to access a range of new choices in where they work and provide support in achieving their career goals.
Supports cover the entire employment journey, including:
- Exploring career pathways by focusing on your strengths and interests
- Developing job skills to assist in your transition to work
- Helping you find and maintain a job
- Career planning counselling and employment-related assessments
- Support to maintain your job