Statewide Health and Human Services
CBD & Inner Suburbs
Healthcare & Medical
Physiotherapy, OT & Rehabilitation
$90,000 - $110,00 + super and company vehicle available
Finally, a supportive, collaborative and creative work culture to help you thrive!
About Statewide Health and Human Services
At SHHS, we think a little differently. We prioritise our staff wellbeing and value creating a safe and supportive environment to help our therapists thrive. We know you work best when you enjoy work. We are an established registered NDIS provider servicing the Western Suburbs of Melbourne and surrounds. We provide high quality NDIS services to children and adults with physical and psychosocial disabilities. We provide a range of services including occupational therapy, Speech Pathology, support coordination, support workers and supported disability accommodation. Our NDIS participants love the continuity of our services, as our OT’s have the opportunity to work closely with the care team to ensure the best health outcomes are achieved.
About the Role - Occupational Therapist
We are seeking a Grade 1 & 2 Occupational Therapist to join our team and provide community based occupational therapy services. Working hours are negotiated directly with clients, allowing excellent flexibility. We are seeking applications for fulltime positions but part time and casual will also be considered for the right candidate.
Your duties will include:
- Managing your client calendar and daily appointments
- Completing NDIS OT Functional Assessments in the clinic, community and schools
- Providing Occupational Therapy to children and adults with physical and psychosocial disability
- Evaluate participant progress and provide progress reports
- Participate in supervision and identify individual learning goals
- Liaise with support workers, support coordinators and multi-disciplinary team to achieve the best health outcomes for our participants
We have an evidence-based New Graduate Program to welcome Grade 1 Occupational Therapists into the workforce with a supportive and gradual approach so you enjoy every moment of your exciting career with us.
- Six-month new graduate program
- Shadowing of an experienced OT until you feel confident!
- Gradually building your caseload to your strengths
- Supervision Program including direct weekly supervision from our experienced Grade 2 Occupational Therapist
Our Therapist Induction Program is also available for more experienced therapists so you can gradually build your caseload while building your clinical skills.
- Six-week program to gradually build your caseload
- Supervision, Mentoring and Peer Learning opportunities
- Work towards a Team Leader position as we expand into other regions
We love to develop our team members' skills and knowledge so as a result, we also offer an open-ended professional development allowance for all therapists- if a course will develop you and benefit our clientele group then we either fund it for you or even run the course for our team specifically!
- UNLIMITED personal development– we value your learning!
- Opportunity to increase your niche skills in Paediatrics, Mental Health, Assistive Technology or other identified interest area with our Therapist Supervision Program
- Flexible work schedule including work from home
- Overtime and time in lieu available
- Fun and supportive team dynamic including regular pool games at lunch - will you be our new champion?
- Extensive administration supports so you can focus on making a real difference for NDIS participants.
- Phone and laptop provided
- Company vehicle available
- Above award salary and benefits
- Realistic and manageable client caseload
- Current AHPRA registration or close to obtaining
- Good written and verbal skills
- Sound clinical reasoning skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Good time management and ability to prioritise tasks
- Have a valid drivers license, WWCC
- Prior knowledge of working in the NDIS is desired but not essential
If you are looking for a workplace to develop professionally, make a real difference to the lives of NDIS participants while also make lasting friendships, then come and join our team!
Please forward a copy of your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Any questions, please contact Adis Blayneh (Manager) or Andrew Mizzi (Senior Occupational Therapist and Allied Health Manager)
Mobile: 0469 412 862 or 0451 946 423
We look forward to meeting you!