Statewide Health and Human Services
CBD & Inner Suburbs
Healthcare & Medical
Physiotherapy, OT & Rehabilitation
$95,000 - $120,000 + super and company vehicle available
An exciting opportunity to start your next career phase as an Occupational Therapy Leader
About Statewide Health and Human Services
At SHHS, we believe in prioritising our staff wellbeing and value-creating a safe and supportive environment to help our therapists thrive. We know you work best when you enjoy work. We are an established registered NDIS provider servicing the Western Suburbs of Melbourne and its surroundings. We provide high-quality NDIS services to children and adults with physical and psychosocial disabilities. We provide a range of services including occupational therapy, support coordination, support workers and supported disability accommodation. Our NDIS participants love the continuity of our services, as our OT’s have the opportunity to work closely with the care team to ensure the best health outcomes are achieved.
About the Role - Occupational Therapist
We are seeking a Senior Occupational Therapist to join our team to support, build and lead our therapy team. We are seeking applications for full-time positions but part-time and casual will also be considered for the right candidate.
Your duties will include:
- Managing limited client caseload including NDIS OT functional assessments and therapeutic intervention to children and adults with physical and psychosocial disability
- Provide direct supervision to our experienced Grade 2 Occupational Therapist, OTA and growing therapy team
- Engage in marketing activities to build a high-quality therapist team
- Creation and Implementation of Occupational Therapy Department policies, procedures and resources to improve staff wellbeing, NDIS therapy outcomes and improve multi-disciplinary communication.
- Undertaking leadership and professional development to provide high-quality leadership to staff focusing on team wellbeing
- Participate in supervision and identify individual learning goals
- Liaise with managers, support workers, support coordinators and multi-disciplinary teams to build the profile of SHHS as a choice provider
- Ongoing review of service delivery and quality of evidence-informed therapy services
- Oversee New Graduate Program and Therapist Induction Program as required
- UNLIMITED personal development– we value your learning!
- Opportunity to develop your leadership and management skills
- Flexible work schedule including work from home
- Overtime and time in lieu available
- Fun and supportive team dynamic including regular pool games at lunch - will you be our new champion?
- Extensive administration supports so you can focus on making a real difference for NDIS participants and our therapists.
- Phone and laptop provided
- Company vehicle available
- Above award salary and benefits
- Limited client caseload
- Current AHPRA, WWCC registration and driver’s license
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong clinical reasoning skills
- Experiencing providing supervision to Grade 1 and Grade 2 Occupational Therapists
- Ability to lead and manage a team
- Motivated to build a positive, supportive and fun workplace culture
- Experience in management is desired but not essential
- Prior knowledge of working in the NDIS is desired but not essential
If you are looking for a workplace to develop professionally and make a lasting impact on our staff and NDIS participants, then come and join our team!
We look forward to meeting you!